Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's A...

My sister was induced on Saturday. She was supposed to be admitted into the hospital at 8:00 am but all the beds were full. So I patiently anxiously waited for the call that she had a bed in L&D.
To pass the time I ran to Kroger to get some free stuff...but someone cleared the shelves before I got there so I had to get rain checks instead...annoying.
Finally around 3:00pm my brother called to say that she was going to be admitted at 5:00pm. My mom came and picked me up around 3:30 and we headed across state...after a quick stop for some Arby's. YUM!
 We got there a little after 7:00 and they had just started the induction so we just hung out in the room and passed some time.
Let me tell you; that lady handles contractions like a champ! She is one strong woman, she made it all look so easy! Her contractions were coming pretty close together and pretty strong, but she never lost her sense of humor! AND she looked gorgeous through the whole thing!

See I told you, gorgeous!
(I don't know about you, but when I was in labor I was a HOT mess!!)
We spent a few hours dozing off an on in the waiting room so Raych could get some sleep and then my brother came to get Raychal's mom, my mom, and I.
I had the amazing opportunity to be in the room when the baby (the gender was a surprise) was born. I am so grateful that my brother and sister let me be a part of this memory. I really can't put into words how honored I feel.
And after guessing for 9+ months we can finally welcome this new little baby into our family, and we are so excited that it's a beautiful...

BABY GIRL!!!!!!


Lucy Joyce was born on 8*7*11 at 5:07am and weighed 8lb 7oz
(That's a lot of 7's. She is going to be one lucky girl!!)
She is so sweet, I just lover her so much!

Mama and Lucy
Proud Daddy
I love being Aunt Shelle!!!
Big Brother meeting his new baby sister
Big Sister! She is such a little momma!
Daddy's boy!

I am so excited to watch Lucy grow. It is going to be so fun now that we have 4 little ones in our family and soon another one within a few months. I can't wait to watch my siblings and my kids grow up together. We are all so blessed.

 Zephaniah 3:17 "The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing."



**I'm wanna throw out the fact that I new it was a girl :) and I am SO excited to buy her lots of BIG BOWS!!!!!**

*******Don't forget to pray for Abbey.*******

No comments: