Monday, April 22, 2013

Bump Watch

36 Weeks


Size of baby: Watermelon 19-22 inches and 6.5lbs (according to my WTE app)


Total Weight Gain/Loss: About 14lbs 

Maternity Clothes: Yes, yes, yes! If I am at home I am typically in yoga pants and a sweatshirt. Hopefully he comes before the weather gets too hot because I don't have many summer maternity clothes! (Not that the weather here has been very nice lately. Calling for snow this week...seriously??)

Gender: a BOY

  Movement: He!Is!So!Active! Sometimes Mike and I will just sit and watch my stomach move all over the place. He is so low, definitely different than his sister that's for sure!

Ellie on left. Both taken around 32 weeks
Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well lately. I usually take a bath before bed to help relax and wind down. I do wake up every time I have to painfully roll over in bed though. Or randomly because my hands are numb/burning from the wonderful Carpal Tunnel that I get in the last trimester. Yay. 

What I miss: I still miss being able to roll over in bed without feeling like my body is ripping in half. My pelvis keeps shifting out of place so that makes things painful. 

  Cravings: Grape juice. I craved it during the last few weeks with Ellie too. Other than that nothing really. I have re-discovered my love for Garden salsa Sun Chips with a side of heartburn...

Symptoms: The amazing pain of SPD. I still go to the chiropractor 1-2 times a week and it keeps things manageable, but I am ready for my joints to go back in place and stay in place after he is born. 

What I'm looking forward to: Getting closer to the end! I am nervous and excited at the same time. I can't wait to hold our little baby. And smell his sweet newborn head. I may or may not indulge in a glass of wine when all is said and done!

Best Moment this week: I went to a huge mom2mom sale with my sisters in Birch Run and got SO many outfits for baby M. Most of them were brand new with the tags on. I got some amazing deals. My sister was also praying like crazy for me and since Thursday I have been able to walk around without any pain. Praise God! We also met our Doula on Saturday and had our refresher birth class. I don't know if it made me more confident or nervous haha!

What Ellie's been up to: She loves her daddy that's for certain! She wakes up in the morning and from naps asking for him. I know that every time I open the door and she sees me she's going to grunt and say "Dadddddyyyyy...." I'm just so sorry she has to settle for me!! This past week she has started crying hysterically when we put her down for a nap or bed. Crying and saying that she wants to snuggle. I don't know if she is really needing the extra one-on-one time or if she is trying to manipulate us. I know that our time just us is going to be few and far between soon so I try to sit with her and snuggle and rock and sing for 10 minutes before I put her in her crib, but she still cries some. Before all this she would lie down silently and drift off to sleep no problem. Hopefully it is just a SHORT phase and she will be back to herself soon. 

No comments: