Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Little Catch Up

There are so many things going on in our life right now! I feel like I am finally getting the hang of having 2 mini humans to keep alive all day, but I'm certain something will happen soon to make me feel otherwise.
Isn't that always how it goes?
Michael's monthly updates seem to be about all I can manage to type out lately. It's hard when the minis team up against me so I have to free minutes in the day! As soon as one goes down-the other wakes up. I think they have a secret code! But today I actually seem to have a few minutes of overlapping naps!!
 
I can't believe that Ellie will be 3 in a few months. 3. T.H.R.E.E. THREE. How did that happen. Three isn't a baby anymore. Three is officially a big girl. It seems like the past (almost) three years has flown by, but then sometimes it seems like it's been forever since she was a baby like Michael. She has quite the personality. She is a very strong willed girl. I know that this will be a good thing when she is older, but honing it while she's a toddler is an every day battle! She is so observant and remembers everything. We have to be extra careful what we say around her because she is going to repeat it. I don't mean like swear words (she doesn't hear those), just everything in general. She is starting to sing songs off the CD we listen to in the car and it is so cute. She doesn't always get the words right, but it warms my soul. This just reinforces why we only listen to contemporary Christian/worship music in the car (and sometimes oldies when we're with Mike). I don't need her singing "I kissed a girl and I liked it"" or any of that crap. She has prayed a few times at dinner and the first time brought me to tears. There is no sweeter sound than to hear her talk to the Lord. When I ask her what she wants to pray for she says "God loves mommy and daddy and Ellie and Michael".
Melts. Me.
 
She speaks in full sentences. scratch that. Full paragraphs. She is a little chatterbox. Sometimes I wonder how she knows so many words and how to string them together! She loves to learn and definitely keeps me on my toes. She knows her ABC's. She can recite them, recognize them when written down, and knows the sounds they make. She knows all her colors. And learned to count to ten (sometimes 12) over the summer. She loves driving past the airport and looking at and talking about all the planes.
 
I just love that little girl.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Courtney B said...

Oh she is SO CUTE! This makes me excited (because I'm super sad that Mia will be turning one next month) to watch Mia grow and see what and how she talks, what her personality will be like... and how crazy she'll be :) ha ha!
Ellie is so cute! And you are doing such a good job being a momma of TWO :)