Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Our Journey to Parenthood


When I was younger and thought about getting married and having a family I just assumed that when my husband and I were ready I would get pregnant right away and have a healthy baby. I was so naive. I personally know women, and have read stories of many women's heartaches with trying to conceive, miscarriages, stillborns, or the loss of an infant. Every story doesn't always have a happy ending.

Mike and I were high school sweethearts and go married in February of 2008. All I've ever wanted in life was to be a mom and I was ready to have a baby right away. Mike; not so much! So in the spring of 2010 we decided that we were going to try and get pregnant in June of that summer. Apparently God had other plans because on April 24 I saw two pink lines on a home pregnancy test. It was a little earlier than we expected but we were both so excited. I was due January 4th and had a very uneventful pregnancy. In August we found out we were going to have a little girl and decided to name her Eleanor. She came into our world at 37 weeks and changed our life forever.



Head over to Everyday Love to read the rest of our story of our Journey to Parenthood

No comments: