Thursday, January 31, 2013

So I don't Forget...

So many people tell me that the age/stage Ellie is in is the best. Some days, when the temper tantrums are rampant, I think they are crazy. But for the majority of the time I have to agree with them. She does and says the funniest things. It's finny to listen to her talk and see the phrases that she picks up from listening to other people. And sometimes it really makes me realize the things she hears from me...good and bad!

Since I have such horrible baby brain I figured I better jot down some things I want to remember about this age. 

She knows her colors; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, white, and black.
She knows the shapes square, circle, triangle, diamond, rectangle, star, and hexagon and can point them out in every day life. We sit down and do flashcards of shapes every day. She loves it. 


 She knows that baby Michael is in my belly and always wants to see him. Which is a little embarrassing when she's trying to pull up my shirt in front of other people. I don't think she really understands what it means that "there's a baby in mommy's belly" I will ask her if she wants me to have a baby or if she wants a little brother and she tells me No. I think she's going to be in for a wake up call in 4 short months!

She speaks really well and almost everything she says is a full sentence.I'm grateful because it makes it easier to figure out what she wants when she's upset but she also displays a lot of sass.
Just today when we got home from the gym she said "Do not tell me what to do." 
Seriously?!?!? I wasn't aware I had a teenager in my house.
A lot of her phrases start with "Do not.." apparently this is something I say often. "Do not touch the kitty while he's eating, do not throw your food on the floor, etc."

She has a purple vtech puppy that she has recently become pretty attached to and she always tells me "Mama he's just a yittle baby. Awww he's so caauuuute." This phrase pretty much goes for anything. All her stuffed animals are "so caaauuute".

The other day when I was babysitting I put the gate up to trap keep them corralled into the back room and she walked over to it and said "Uh oh, we're stuck. I need to open it, where's the keys? Mama where's my keys?"

Multiple times while we've been out to eat she announces for everyone to hear "Mama I'm poopy. I pooped." And when I took her to the bathroom to change her she said "I don't wanna go on the big potty anymore" Mind you she has NEVER gone on the big potty. We've been dabbling a little bit in the potty training arena but all she wants to do is strip naked, sit down, and tell me she "needs a piece of paper." then she proceeds to "wipe" and throws it in the big potty. Rinse and repeat. 


When Ellie is throwing a temper tantrum I tell her "Ok it's time to go to bed. You must be really tired if you're crying a fussy." and she usually stops freaking out and tells me why she's upset. So the other day during dinner the devil kitty was meowing and she said "The kitty needs to go to bed because he's crying." Proof she does actually listen to me!!!

Luckily the worst thing that she has said has been "Oh my gosh." and I know it's really not that big of a deal, but I don't think it is something that needs to be coming out of a two year olds mouth. It has been shortened to "Oh my" or "Oh my goodness". 

She is such a compassionate soul. Seeing as how my crazy hormones are out of whack thanks to pregnancy there have been a few occasions where she has seen me cry and she always says "Mama what'sa wrong?" And then she comes over to me, puts her head on my shoulder, puts her arm around me and pats my back. 

 I have to admit there are a lot of times that my patience is beyond tested (let's be honest-I don't really have that much to begin with) but I can't help but look at her and be amazed at how much I can possibly love someone. She is so amazing. 

She is ob-sessed with playdoh. That's all she ever wants to do. Which really entails opening the blue, playing with it for a minute then "I want pink" playing with it for a minute then "I want yellow" etc etc. She also likes to color. Both with crayons and the color wonder markers. God bless the inventor of color wonder markers. She will climb up on the chair in the dining room and say "Mama, com p(l)ay me." And then I die. 

She is always shuffling around the house in these little baskets and says she is skiing. 

During the week she is always asking for daddy and says "Daddy's working afternoon. I miss him" She loves him so much. 

Lately everything she says (especially when she's crying) ends with yesterday. I don't know where she picked it up or why she says it. She pushed a bag down the stairs at my moms house over the weekend and when we asked her why she did that she just kept crying and saying she did it yesterday. 

As trying as some days can be, this really is an amazing stage and I am so thankful to have this little girl in my life. I just love her so much!


When she woke up from her nap today I went in to get her and when I picked her up she put her little head on my shoulder so I sat down to rock her. Usually she will only sit with me for a few minutes before she starts talking or asking where the kitty is but today she fell back asleep and I got to rock her for an ENTIRE HOUR!! I was in mama heaven, she never ever ever sleeps on us anymore. I really cherish these quiet moments with her, especially now that we have another baby coming and I know that the time of it just being her and I is almost over.
Cue alligator tears.



"The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."






No comments: