Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Progress

I'm going to try and keep track of my progress the next few days/weeks with getting Ellie to sleep onher own/eventually through the night so the first part of my post will always be about that.
Well today's nap times went really well. She put herself to sleep on her tummy on a blanket on the floor; which is HUGE progress! She even took a mini-nap in her swing which hasn't happened in ages! I decided to use a teddy blanket instead of a burp rag, I'm just hoping that doesn't bite me in the butt!

Bedtime however was another story. Everything was going well until I tried to feed her and then it went into meltdown mode. She had been eating ever 1.5-2 hours all day (growth spurt?) so it was about time but she wasn't having it. So I put her in her crib and it was all over from there. So I picked her up and swaddled and rocked her until she drifted off. On a good note; it didn't take her long to fall asleep. That's the thing though, I know that we will have good days and bad days and I just have to roll with the punches. Sleep training takes time. There will be nights where she will need a few extra cuddles and that's OK with me because I know that all too soon she'll be miss independent.

I struggle with exactly how honest and open I should be with what I post. I mean I know that it's not like that many people read this blog, but you never know. It is as much about me as it is about Ellie and I guess it just makes me nervous really opening up because Lord knows everyone has their own opinion and plenty of people like to make theirs known. We'll see how things go as time goes on I guess...But I'll end with this picture because it melts my heart and makes me fall even more in love with this man:


No comments: