Friday, April 29, 2011

East to West

Last night I finished a Bible study by Beth Moore with some amazing ladies from my church. It was such a great study...Psalms of Ascent. It was so nice to get to know women that I've gone to church with for years, but have never taken the time to get to know. And Beth Moore is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I HIGHLY recommend doing one ALL of her studies if you get the chance. She is such a talented, honest, Godly woman and I have learned so much through this study. I'm actually going to go back and re-read the study book and finish some of the homework that I didn't make time for :(

I've really been feeling God speak to me on some things and I think that I have been ignoring some most of it. I think that I am so stingy with "my" spare time because I have so little of it and I really haven't been spending enough time with my Creator. Well that needs to change. I always have so much that I say I'm going to start doing and DARN.IT-it's about time I get it together. I'm so sick and tired of wanting things to change and doing nothing about it...because really...I can't complain about anything if I'm not going to put in the effort or take the time to change it. I have really been digging on Casting Crowns lately and whenever I'm in my car I find myself replaying and belting out "East to West". It is so hard to grasp God's forgiveness. I hope that it's something that I can soon understand. He is so gracious and I am so unworthy.

Here I am, Lord, and I'm drowning in your sea of forgetfulness
The chains of yesterday surround me
I yearn for peace and rest
I don't want to end up where You found me
And it echoes in my mind, keeps me awake tonight
I know You've cast my sin as far as the east is from the west
And I stand before You now as though I've never sinned
But today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way
Jesus, can You show me just how far the east is from the west
'cause I can't bear to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other

I start the day, the war begins, endless reminding of my sin
Time and time again Your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm inToday I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way

I know You've washed me white, turned my darkness into light
I need Your peace to get me through, to get me through this night
**I can't live by what I feel, but by the truth Your word reveals**I'm not holding on to You, but You're holding on to me
You're holding on to meJesus, You know just how far the east is from the west
I don't have to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other
One scarred hand to the other
From one scarred hand to the other

P.S. Can't forget my Ellie update...still going pretty well with sleep, had to be swaddled to sleep for her first nap, but went down FULLY awake at bedtime and haven't heard a peep yet. CHHHYEAH-BUDDY!

No comments: