Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our Love Story

Linking up with From Mrs to Mama to share our love story


How long have you and your significant other been together?
My husband and I have been together for a total of 10+ years. We have been married for 4 years.

How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
We actually met when I was a Freshman in High School and he was "going out" with one of my close friends and I told her I thought he was cute. She actually introduced us and told me she would break up with him so I could "go out" with him. Oh silly teenage girls! Mind you- I wasn't allowed to "date" so there wasn't much "going out" until I was 16.
If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? 
We were married in my hometown church by my Uncle. It was in the beginning of February and we had a pretty big snow-storm the Thursday before the wedding. Everything went perfectly, I just wish I had spent more time taking it all in. It went by so fast! It wasn't a huge wedding, but I would say there were probably 200+ guests.

Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
He calls me Shell (along with all my other family members) and sometimes I call him Suze. Sometimes there is a random babe, hon, etc thrown in there.
Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is such an amazing Father, He is hard-working and always provides for us, and he is always there to help anyone.
Tell us how he proposed?
He made me a scrapbook that commemorated all the years we have been together and the last page said "will you marry me." I was 19 and he was 22.

Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
I would have to say he is more of a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy. He just came home on his lunch break with a card and a 6 pack of Reece's. He knows the way to my heart :)
Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Typically I would rather stay home and relax together, but I am never one to pass up a romantic evening out!
Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day.
I would love to take a Mediterranean cruise with him and travel to different countries.
Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
We went to dinner and a movie last weekend, so today I am spending it at home with my sweet daughter. (Who was kind enough to throw up all over the carpet this morning. Happy Valentine's Day to me!)

Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
All I ever want is for him to do something showing that he was thinking of me. A card is all I need. But I would never say no to diamonds!
Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Don't sweat the small stuff, pick your battles carefully, and always make sure to show how much you appreciate your Husband. Remember that no matter what you are responsible for your actions, love him no matter what.
Show us a picture of what love means to you.



1 comment:

Christine said...

love the picture of your daughter in the tutu! So so cute! I always love hearing about other high school sweethearts {my husband and I are too} :)