Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Four years ago to day I walked down the aisle and said "I do."


Mike and I met my freshman year of High School.
He was a senior. oh la-la
He was actually dating one of my close friends. I told her I thought he was cute and she said "ok I'll break up with him so you can go out with him!"
Oh, the minds of teenage girls.
We started "dating" (if you can call it that) on my birthday.
We dated off and on throughout my High School years and eventually got back together for good after my first year of college.
He proposed February 23 when I was 19 years old living in North Carolina with my SIL.

This past fall it had been 10 years since we first started dating.
TEN YEARS!!!
WOW.

We've both grown so much since we first pledged to spend the rest of our lives together
and I know that we can make it through anything.
Marriage is a lot more work than I ever imagined!
I never realized how selfish and stubborn I was until I got married.
(and I think that goes for everyone)
I remember one of the biggest arguments we had when we first got married was because Mike left gum in his pockets and it got ALL OVER the dryer in our apartment.
I was livid because I couldn't believe that he wouldn't just check his effin pockets before he took off his pants, he was mad because he thought I should have checked his pockets before I put them in the washer.
I'm not kidding when I say I really thought that this was going to be the argument that ended our marriage.
I couldn't believe he thought it was my job to check his pockets!!
Needless to say we've moved past the gum "incident" (for the most part haha)
and have both realized that some things

just aren't worth arguing over.

Our marriage hasn't always been rainbows and butterflies but we have came so far from where we started four years ago. I am so blessed to call Mike my husband and I couldn't imagine building a life and spending my future with anyone else. He is such an amazing Dad, and Ellie and I are both so lucky to have him in our lives.




2 comments:

Tami said...

Happy Anniversary! I love all the sweet pictures of you two!

Melliedew said...

Yay! Praise the Lord for 4 years! Enjoy your time together and date night tomorrow!!