Thursday, August 1, 2013

Michael: 2 Months

7-15-13
 
I can't believe another month has gone by! I feel like the time is just flying! We are still trying to find our groove, but I'm just taking things day by day and I know that we'll settle into some sort of routine at some point. Ellie wasn't on a schedule until she was 6 months. I don't know if I can wait that long this time!
 
 
This Month:
*You weigh 13lbs 6oz. (Your sister didn't weigh this much until she was almost 6 months!!)
*You are in some 0-3 sleepers, but mostly 3 month clothes!
*You still love to eat! You eat about every 2-3 hours (I'm feeding on demand so I don't watch the clock. If you're fussy I just always offer the boob first and go from there!)
*You are in a size 1 diaper and I think we're going to start cloth here soon.
*You do have a schedule when it comes to bedtime. Which unfortunately conflicts with Ellie's schedule. You get a bath around 8:00 and then eat from about 8:30-9:30 and then pass out and have actually given us a few 7 hour stretches!! Hallelujah, Praise the Lord!!! You typically stir around 2:30ish and sometimes Mike or I can pat your back and get you back to sleep until 4:30-5:00ish, but if you don't settle I will feed you and then you eat every 2 hours the rest of the night and usually wake up in the morning when Ellie gets up.
 
 
You still really like to be held. You are getting a little more fond of your swing and bouncy seat, but mostly you want to be next to me or in my arms. Mike can put you to sleep like nobodys business so when he is home that job is transferred to him. You won't nap in your swing, you need to be bounced and swayed to sleep and then prefer to be held the whole time. If we lie you down on our bed the longest stretch you will stay asleep is about 30 minutes. I feel like most days I spend the entire day trying to get you to sleep-and stay asleep. But I know that these days are short lived and one day soon you won't fall asleep on us anymore.

Your hair still has an auburn tint to it and I absolutely love it. I hope it doesn't change! You still don't really take a paci. Sometimes if we hold it in your mouth long enough you might keep it in for a minute or two but mostly you spit it out and look at me like I'm crazy. You suck on your hands a lot and try to get them in your mouth though. You are getting better with tummy time and do pretty well holding your head up. You get lots of practice lifting your head because *gasp* you sleep on your stomach 99.9% of the time.

 
You have the chubbiest cheeks and I just love it! You are such a sweet smiley boy. You melt my heart! You love to talk and coo. You are so happy if someone sits with you and makes faces at you and talks to you. You aren't too fussy of a baby, and thankfully pretty much never cry in the middle of the night when you wake up hungry. You just rustle around a little bit and move your head from side to side and then coo at me when I change your diaper. You still hate your car seat and I get stuck riding in the very back of the van trying to keep you happy whenever we go anywhere. Hopefully you learn to love it soon. Very soon!
 
 

You had your first bottle around 8 weeks and you took it pretty well. I only put an ounce in it because I certainly didn't want to waste precious breast milk if you weren't going to drink it! We haven't tried again since then so I don't know if you will still take one. Hopefully, I think mommy and daddy are ready for a date night!


Ellie adores you. She will give you a hug and kiss and say "I think he likes me". Anytime you start to fuss she says "I think he needs his brand new toy" and runs around the house bringing you little toys. Or she says "Mama calm him down". I can't wait to watch you two become little best friends!



 I love you so much sweet boy.



 

No comments: