Friday, August 26, 2011

SUYL Baby Showers

Linking up with Kelly for Show Us Your Life

This summer I helped throw TWO baby showers!
Both of my sisters(in-law) Raychal and Andrea were pregnant, and both were waiting to find out the gender! 
The were due August 2nd (baby girl August 7th) and October 1st.

Aren't they the cutest little preggos ever?!

We had a surprise sprinkle for my sister Raychal who was having her third!
It was just a few close friends and family. We had chicken and rice, green bean casserole, cherry delight, and some muffins for lunch.


We had some amazing desserts like cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered Oreos, and homemade snickerdoodles! 

A month later we had a shower to celebrate with my sister Andrea. Each seat at the table had a packet of seeds as a favor. We had a table set up by the door with different shapes and different color scrapbook paper for everyone to write prayers, thoughts, and blessings for the new family.

 

The cake was so good!


Andrea's cousin is pregnant too so we had three cute preggos there that day!!


My step-sister Staci handed out patches of fabric to everyone to write a message to the new baby on and she is going to make my sister a quilt that she can give to her baby. She also made one for Ellie and it is the most adorable thing ever. It was so fun to read all the squares when she was finished, I know Ellie will always cherish it and remember how much she is loved and how much we all loved her ever before she was here!

1 comment:

Ellis said...

So cute! I love the quilt idea. I may have to save that for the next time I throw a shower!