Friday, August 5, 2011

I can't wait!

Tonight we have a wedding reception to go to for my cousin. This is wedding number 3 out of 4 for the summer. We have one a month from June-September. I feel like all we do on the weekends is go to weddings or other family events.
busy.busy.busy.
BUT TOMORROW...

Tomorrow I get to drive across state to....


be at the birth of this little baby!!!! At, as in, be in the room!!! My sister(in-law) is being induced in the morning and my mom and I are driving over first thing tomorrow!

I am so honored that I get to be there. They don't know the gender and to be a part of this special moment in their lives means so much to me!
Pregnancy and birth are the most amazing thing.

I loved being pregnant, I miss having that special connection with my daughter.
I knew her. In a way that no one else did.

I am a little anxious about the fact that this is the longest time I will be away from Ellie. She is staying home with her dad, and I know she will be just fine because Mike is such a good dad, but I still can't help how I feel. I can't just turn off the "mommy worry" that I've carried around since the minute I peed on a stick. But I think it will be good for both of us.  

One of the reasons that I am so excited to be there is because I would love to be a doula. I love the idea of being an advocate for the woman and being there to fully support her in anything she needs.
I know that-at least for this stage of our lives- becoming a doula isn't a reality. I couldn't leave at a moments notice during all hours of the day or night.  
Maybe one day
but for now

I just can't wait to meet my new niece or nephew.


No comments: