Friday, January 3, 2014

Michael: 7 Months

12-15-13
This Month:
*You weigh: 20lbs
*You are wearing: 9 month clothes
*You eat about every 3-4 hours. Sometimes more sometimes less.
*You are in a size 4 diaper.
*You go to bed around 7:30-8:00 and slep until around 3:00-4:00, eat and then sleep until around 7:30-8:00. Sometimes after you eat you will go back to sleep and sometimes you are up for the day. Some nights you might wake up a little more, but you have typically been sleeping pretty well. We figured out that you like to be all warm and cozy when you sleep so we turn on the space heater and that has seemed to do the trick! You take 2 or 3 naps a day, it all just depends on how the day goes. You go back down to sleep after you have been awake for around 2 hours. After 2 hours you are all funned out. You have been napping pretty well.


This month has been crazy busy, between Thanksgiving and birthday parties and finally selling! our! house! It seems like the month has flown by. I feel like the next time I blink we will be celebrating your first birthday!!



You are still army crawling all over, but you are super fast. I feel like the second I turn my back you are all the way across the room trying to get into something. You love to play on the floor with your toys, but aren't so content when we put you on the hardwood. You much prefer carpet or being on a fluffy rug. On December 12 you sat up on your own for the very first time! I was folding laundry and when I looked up there you were sitting and banging on a toy like it was no big deal! You are such a big boy, I can't believe how fast time has gone!! 



You are still breastfeeding like a champ but have had a few solid foods. You ahave had avocado, banana, squash, and carrots. I can't say that you are a very big fan of any of them. You scrunch up your nose and make a sour face whenever we try to feed you. I figure we'll take things at your pace and just slowly introduce things. I know eventually you will get the hang of it! 



You battled a little bit of a cold at the beginning of the month but even though you didn't feel good you were still so happy and sweet. You are almost always happy and love watching Ellie run around and play. You light up when she comes and talks to you or gets near you. I can't wait to watch your relationship grow and see the two of you become best friends! I often try and imagine what your personality will be like as you grow and wonder if you will have the same strong will as your sister, or if you will be more relaxed and go with the flow. 

We took a little photo shoot with Auntie and these are some of the gems that we captured. You are such a delight. 





I am so excited to see what our future holds with you and the little boy that you will become, but part of me wishes I could keep you my sweet little baby forever. Every night when I nurse you to sleep I cherish this time I have with you. I know that you won't always be this little and one day you won't want me to rock you to sleep. But for now, I close my eyes and smile as you nurse and touch my face, try to stick your hand in my mouth, flick at your ears, pat your head, wave your arm like you're directing an orchestra, and gently stroke my arm. I thank God for you and am so happy that you are a part of our family. I love you so much sweet boy. 





Here is Ellie's 7 month update for comparison

No comments: