Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's January?

I feel like I've been totally slacking in the blogging area in December.
It's just been so stinkin busy with birthdays and the 17,656 Christmas get togethers this year.
Ok so there weren't that many
But we did have 6, and I have one more for GEMS next week.

Last Thursday I went to the Melting Pot with some girlie friends for Ladies Night.
We had so much fun! And it was soooooo good. I love fondue.


Friday night my MIL took E for the night so Mike and I went and had a nice romantic date
...
at the shooting range.
I had never even held a gun before so it was a whole new experience for me.
We walked into the range and it was so frickin loud and I had to keep reminding myself
I'm a big brave dog...I'm a big brave dog...
Mike shot a few rounds then asked me if I wanted to go.
I shot about three and turned around and shook my head. I put the gun down and stood by the wall.
I seriously thought I was having a panic attack.
That many people with that many guns
What if someone made on little mistake? What if they let a serial killer in here? They only take your license so how do they know they didn't let in a maniac?
It was so loud. It didn't help that rambo over in the corner had a grenade launcher.
It would hurt so bad if someone shot me.
I had to get out of there. I didn't want to cry in front of all these guys.
I almost asked Mike to give me the keys to the mom mobile.
But instead I said to myself don't be a (w)uss and to put my big girl pants on.
I told Mike I wanted to try it again and I did pretty darn good if you ask me...or my hubs.
I got 23/26 body shots.
On the way there I had told Mike I was going to be a natural and shoot better than him.
I felt so anxious after we left and it took me awhile to calm down and stop feeling like I was having a heart attack but I think it is something I would probably do again.

Andrea and Jason were coming over for a game night so we stopped at Meijer to get a "few" things I need to make dessert.
I litereally had like 6 things on my list...
$124 dollars later we were checking out.
How in the heck does that happen?
I hate Meijer.
I lie; I love it.

But it was totally worth it because I made these babies and they were DELISH.




Throw in a few more family Christmases and I think that pretty much wraps up the rest of December.
Someday I'll tell you about all my aspirations for the new year.
Maybe in February...
or July...



No comments: