Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Re-Cap

Since both Mike and I's parents are divorced we have a lot of get togethers around the holidays.

Christmas Eve we went to his mom's house to celebrate



We had a great time with family and Ellie got plenty of new toys and outfits!

Christmas morning we woke up, I made some coffee cake, we read the Christmas story and opened presents as a family. Our plan is to only give 3 gifts per person plus stocking stuffers.
We figure if that was good enough for Jesus then it should be good enough for us. And I think it will help us focus about what Christmas is really about instead of the comericialization.




In the afternoon we headed over to Mike's dad's house for the H family Christmas


Mike's family goes all out. We're always spoiled and we all got some awesome presents!



This weekend we will be celebrating Christmas with my side of the family.
Saturday we have the H family Christmas, which can be up to 40+ people.
And Sunday after church we have our siblings Christmas.

November thru January is a busy busy time of year for us!!

So far we've had a great holiday season and are so thankful for our friends and family.
We are most thankful for the gift of Salvation. God is so good to us and I am so blessed to be a daughter of the King.
"But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord."

I hope you all had a blessed Christmas and enjoyed wonderful time with your friends and family!!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I love all the pics of Ellie- especially the first one with Santa. I think doing three gifts is a great idea. I saw a thing on Pinterest that said they get something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read. I think that's perfect for kids!