Wednesday, June 8, 2011

All night long

For the FIRST time in 5 months 3 weeks and 1 day ELLIE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!! Yet, that didn't keep me from waking up at 2:30, 4:30, and 6:00 and praying to God she was still breathing! (Tell me, when does that worrying/waking up multiple times stop? Will I ever sleep through the night again?!!?) She slept from 7:00pm until 6:30am. Now I wasn't really diggin the 6:30 wake up call but I'll take it! She has been getting so much better for naps/bed time. We put her down awake and she may fuss a little but for the most part she just goes to sleep. I love it! It has removed so much stress from my life!!! Now if we could just tackle the nursing issues!

Tonight I went to a "fair" with my sister at the hospital where she will be delivering her baby. There were all sorts of different vendors there. LC's, chiropractors, photographers, cloth diaper stores/services, Douala's etc. It was cool to see all the different types of stuff out there for moms. I was able to talk to  a LC who gave me some reassurance so I'm really glad that I went. And it was great to be able to spend some time with my sister. We went up to L&D and looked at the rooms in the birthing center, I'm jealous. I wish that I would have had Ellie in a birthing center with a mid-wife, instead of being in a hospital pushed into starting pitocin. Maybe next time!
Well I guess I better get to sleep if this little girl is going to come a-callin at 6:30!  

1 comment:

the workaholic momma said...

YAY for sleeping through the night!! I totally did the same thing when Addie started sleeping through the night - waking up in a panic - because she was still asleep and I was scared something had happened. I don't do it anymore but I honestly don't remember when I stopped doing that!! Hope ya'll have another good night tonight:)