Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

First of all Hallelujah! I am so grateful that Christ died on the cross for my sins and then rose again. I can't wait for the joyous day that I can see my Savior in Heaven. I am not deserving but His grace is sufficient.

So I pretty much slacked off last week on posting anything. Mike took the week off work to recover from his knee surgery and every daily routine went out the window. Ellie and I aren't used to having Daddy home during the week, but we sure loved it! This past weekend for Easter we went up to my Aunt Joys house like I used to do when I was little. Almost all of us "kids" were there, we were just missing my cousin Nicole and her husband. Even my favorite cousin Rachel was there, her and her husband drove up from NC for the weekend. We were best friends growing up and I was so happy to see her! I can't remember the last time we were all together on Easter like that. Saturday we my niece Leah colored eggs and mom and Aunt Joy hid bags of candy outside for us to find, and as usual I was the last to find mine :( Since I can't eat dairy my bag was full of sweedish fish and jelly beans, neither of which I like very much. But it was still nice to be outside like old times. I carried around Ellie in her sling and she loved it, she actually ended up taking a cat nap in it which was a miracle!I was a little extremely nervous taking Ellie away for a weekend but it went pretty well. The 3 hour ride up wasn't to bad she took a few catnaps and she did really well all weekend. She let other people hold and play with her. My mom went to the early service and so she watched Ellie her so Mike and I could go to church. That was a blessing because I haven't heard a sermon in oh I don't know.....3 months! The ride home was a little rough, E was SO tired and therefore quite cranky so it was off to bed for her when we got home. But all in all it was a great weekend!

After being bullied convinced by the pediatrician and my family about letting E cry it out I decided that maybe it was time to do a little sleep training. I haven't come close to sleeping through the night since before I got pregnant. So it is time. I was going to do the no-cry-sleep-solution but quickly realized that is NOT going to work. Phase one is to get her to go to sleep without her paci. YEAH.RIGHT. so instead we are going to go with as-little-tears-as-possible-sleep-solution. She has been rolling over at night and waking herself up so today at nap time I let her roll over on her belly and then I rubbed her back and held her hand and sang to her until she calmed down and put herself off to never-never-land. I am trying to introduce a "lovey" that she will become attached in hopes it will comfort her at bedtime when I am not there. I decided to try to cloth diaper/burp cloth since if one gets ruined/lost/left at home it is easily replaceable since we have about one thousand! That is a huge improvement from swaddle-rock-hold.me.the.whole.time. She is currently on her second nap sleeping peacefully. Lets hope this works. I'll be keeping a log to see how things progress. Wish me luck!

No comments: