Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spilled Milk And A Crying Baby

When your mom said that you shouldn't cry over spilled (or dumped out) milk she lied. Last night I poured 9oz of milk down the drain. 9 OUNCES!!! That is 2 bottles and to me that was sure worth crying about.  Now I'm not talking about the 1/2 gallon of skim milk going sour in the back of my fridge here people, I'm talking about liquid gold. Even though I know I'm not going to use them I wanted to keep the bottles in the fridge just because it was such a waste. I had to close my eyes while I dumped them out. I guess I learned my lesson; I'm not eating dairy until we are done nursing; or maybe ever again.
UGH!
Now that I got that off my chest (ha ha) I can move on to other things. On Wednesday nights I work with the youth group at our church from 6:30-8:00. I am really enjoying it and it is something that I have wanted to do for years, but I feel like it is too stressful for Ellie. She goes to the nursery where the sweetest couple watch her and my friend Melissa's baby Isabelle and she screams about the whole time she is in there. Church starts literally right at bed time and it is so hard for her to go to sleep outside of her normal routine and even that is a stretch! Last Wednesday she was still doing that little sigh/fast breathing babies do well after we got home around 8:45 and it broke my heart. I don't know if maybe I should wait until she is a little bigger and a better sleeper to work with the youth or if I should just push through and continue on. Wednesday nights and Thursday night Bible study are about the only time I get out of the house during the week and let me tell you...I really need to get out of the house...but I don't know if it is worth the tears; and sometimes Ellie isn't the only one crying ha ha! I also really enjoy Thursday night Bible study, we're doing a Beth Moore series but I have only been able to watch 1 video so far...out of 3. I spend the rest of the time trying to get a crying baby to fall asleep and it just doesn't seem worth it to me when I'm not even able to engage in the video or discussion. I guess I will just finish out the commitments I have made so far and reevaluate when a new "semester" and study starts. Oh and also pray for my husband, he is having knee surgery in the morning. So wish me luck tonight and pray Ellie can fall asleep peacefully in the nursery! 

1 comment:

Cara S. said...

Ahhh yay! I'll be your first follower! Welcome to blogland.