Sunday, April 10, 2011

I hate bedtime

I guess I should do an introduction post...but that will be another day. I want to use this blog as a way to look back and remember everything from when Ellie was little and the rest of our life. So tonight we just spent about 3 1/2 hours of screaming crying trying to get Ellie to go to bed and it was exhausting. I really don't understand what is so hard about closing your eyes and drifting off to sleep. I would jump on that in a heartbeat. I mean really before I had her I was a professional napper! It seems like as soon as we get into a routine or I figure out something that works-BAM the next day it's all different! I am so thankful that Mike was here to help me tag-team it, it's really hard to have to do it alone every other night. He's been amazing. Having our little girl has sure turned our world upside down and it can be challenging sometimes but I love her so much. It is amazing the capacity for love that God gives our hearts for our children, even when they are screaming incessantly in your ear :) So I guess while my little muffin is finally asleep I should tidy up the house...or go to bed myself...I choose bed!
I mean really how could I not love that little girl??


No comments: