Thursday, June 16, 2011

6 Months

6*15*11

My Ellie-belle, I can't believe you are already 6 months old! The time has flown by. The days seem long but the weeks and months are just flying by! And tomorrow, you will be closer to being a year old than you are to being that teeny-tiny newborn I brought home from the hospital <insert sniffling and alligator tears here> It really is true when everyone tells you that the time will fly by. I feel like one morning I just woke up and you were so big; so different. I love you so much. I think it is just amazing the way that God makes our hearts so that they are big enough to hold all this love.
Your stats:
*You are I'm guessing in the 14lb range, but we will find that out Friday at your 6 month check-up, along with how long you are
*You eat about every 3 hours and eat 4-5 oz when we give you a bottle
*You are still in 3 month clothes, we've tried 3-6 month but they are still just a little too big
*You are still in cloth diapers but if we use a disposable you are in size 1
*You are sleeping through the night for the most part. From about 7:30-5:30 or 6:30. This just started happening last week so we're lovin' it!
You are such a sweet little girl. We seem to have figured out your tummy issues so you have been so much happier! You started trying to crawl this month, you did a little bit of an army crawl to try and get Daddy's Quiznos. It was so adorable! I think that you will be on the move before the month is over! You roll around on the floor like crazy! You shimmy your way to get to where ever you want to go and have this obsession with tags. You will flip a toy over just so you can play with and suck on the tag. I tell Daddy that we should just cut the toys off your tags! You love your paci and are a pro at taking it out of your mouth and putting it back in. You are on a little more of a schedule these days, you still eat on demand but you take naps every day around 9:30 or 10:00am and 2:30 or 3:00pm. You sleep for about 1 hour, but sometimes go as long as 2.5. Since you have been getting more sleep during they day you are a lot less fussy! For your half birthday we tried bananas this morning. You seemed to like them, even though most of it ended up all over you instead of in your mouth. It's a learning process; and I am determined to make it a fun one! You have started really laughing out loud this past month. You would give little squeals or small giggles here and there before, but now I can really get you cracking up. It melts my heart. I am so thankful for you and am looking forward to what this month has in store for us!

No comments: