Tuesday, June 7, 2011

He Bit Me!

Today was hot. Like ohmygoshIcan'tbreathe hot. It still is hot. Our back living room isn't hooked up to our a/c and that is where we spend most of our time, so that sucks! This morning I decided that as soon as Ellie and I woke up we were going to go for a nice long walk. I figured we would beat the heat. HA! It was 80 when we left the house a little after 8:30. It still boggles my mind that I can actually function that early but I digress...The road was mostly shaded so it really wasn't too bad, and Ellie was content looking around and listening to the birds chirping. On the last little stretch before our house I saw a lady and her huge monstrous Pomeranian dog walking towards us. So I moved to the right side of the road to avoid having to talk to her, I know I know I'm bad. so her and the dog could pass. The closer I got I realized the dog wasn't on a leash. As he came running towards me she said "Oh don't worry he won't do anything." and then he bit me! Really?? So I told her he just bit me and she kept walking! She had picked him up and didn't stop. I had to turn around to shout at her that her dog needed to be on a leash and it was unacceptable for him to go around biting people. I went up their driveway and asked them if the dog was up to date on all it's shots and they said it wasn't even their dog, they were dog-sitting. It was just a little bite but it did break the skin so I called animal control to go down and make sure that the dog was up to date on all its shots. Because I do NOT want rabies and I do NOT want to give Ellie rabies. I had an appointment this morning at 11:00 that I had to reschedule for 2:30 while I was waiting for animal control. So at 2:00 while I was heading to my appointment I get on the highway, which normally has no traffic that early in the day, and come to a dead stop. We creep along and I'm thinking there's got to be a horrible accident up here. Around the bend I see no cops, no accidents, just an abandoned car that had been pulled over on the side of the road. Come on people! So I was late for my appointment. Awesome.

Moral of the story: Next time, I'm drop kicking any dogs that come running up to me off their leash trying to bite me.

On a happier note we ended the day grilling hamburgers on the back deck and I gave Ellie a bath in the new little pool her gramma got her. It was a great way to end an annoying day.


I may be biased, but I think she's so cute :)



No comments: