Monday, June 27, 2011

90th Birthday Party

Yesterday we drove across the state to celebrate my Grandmas 90th Birthday. She is the sweetest lady you've ever met. I'm not kidding, she is the best. For most of her life she and my grandpa (He passed away around 11 years ago) made wedding cakes together, she made THE best cakes I've ever had. And I'm not just saying that, everyone asks her what her secret is and she would always say "I just follow the directions off the box." (DuncanHines of course!) But we know she's lying, I bet she sticks her finger in the batter or something! Our wedding cake was the last one she made..I can't even explain how much that meant to me. She is also teeny-tiny, it took years before she would admit that I was actually taller than her, I would say "Grandma I can see the top of your head..." and she still would deny it. All of us always tease her about her height, or lack there of!

  We got to see a lot of family I haven't seen in years, some of them it's been over 15 years...way too long if you ask me. Ellie did so well, I couldn't believe it. She napped in the car and woke up about 20minutes before we got to the restaurant. She was so content and happy the whole time we were there, she didn't really cry or fuss at all. She even let other people hold her. I was so grateful.


These are my Aunts and Uncle: Aunt Ava, Aunt Carol, my dad, and my Uncle Ron. My Aunt Beth died from MS when I was a Junior in high school. I never had the chance to get to know her, but I wish I had. I have seen pictures and she was gorgeous. My Uncle Ron plays Santa at Christmas and lemme tell you how great he is at it! Not only does he look exactly like Santa, but he has such a sweet spirit. 

 Saturday my mom and I did some work in the flower beds. We pretty much just pulled everything out and are going to start fresh. Here are the before pictures....it's bad...these pictures don't even fully capture the grossness that was our flower beds. These pictures were taken after I drenched everything in round-up so it was much MUCH worse!
 


Hopefully by the fall I will have some amazing "after" pictures. Gotta get that curb appeal!!!







1 comment:

Tryna said...

How wonderful that you were able to celebrate with your grandmother. Happy 90th to her! Ellie is sure to treasure the pictures you have of her with her great-grandmother!