Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sick Baby

I can't believe it's been a week since I've written anything! Ok maybe I can because I kind of lost my mind had a rough week.
This past weekend was pretty busy. We went away to my brother house for Friday/Saturday and then spent Sunday with Mike's family (where we ended up under Tornado warnings eeek!!!!) We spent Memorial Day at my other brothers house grilling and just hanging out. I am so thankful for both my brothers who served 4 years in the Marine Corps and did a tour in Iraq. We are so blessed to have the freedoms that we often take for granted and really need to remember all the sacrifices that are made for our country.

Tuesday we noticed that Ellie was feeling a little warm so we took her temp and it was 101.4. I about had a heart attack. I know that a fever under 103 isn't really anything to be concerned about (especially without other symptoms) and her only symptoms were taking better naps and being cuddly; not something I am going to complain about!But that didn't stop me from calling the on-call Dr. Who is a big doucher by the way  So we checked her temp again around 2:00 a.m. and it was 101.7 so I took her into the pediatricians office this morning. After poking around looking in her ears and listening to her heart the Doc looked in her mouth and saw a sore and declared that it was hand-foot-mouth disease. Sounds way scarier than it is. She said that the fever would last 3 days to a T and that she might develop a rash/blisters on her hands and feet. So off we went with our Motrin to wait it out. That was around 11:00 this morning and with only one does of Motrin the fever seems to be gone. So is it really H-F-M or is this another hasty diagnosis? I guess we will wait and see, but I'm just glad I have a happy girl rolling around on the floor!
Last night night while we were waiting for the Doc who was taking his sweet time to call us back we tried to keep her awake because we didn't know if we were going to have to jet off to the ER, take her temp again, do a fever dance, or what. Well around 9:30/9:45ish I said forget it, she's going to bed. (Mind you her bedtime is usually 7:00-7:30) Yeah, well, keeping her up: BIG MISTAKE. I tried doing our usual bedtime routine tonight and putting her down about 7:30 and she apparently thinks that now she can stay up like a big kid. she's rolling around and jibber-jabbering like a crazy baby! But the first sign of sleepiness I am scooping her up and whisking her off to bed. Wish me luck!

Does this look like a sick baby to you?!?!

1 comment:

the workaholic momma said...

AAWWW - poor Ellie :( I'm glad she is feeling better - she def looks 100% in the pics - sometimes I think these kids have us figured out ;) I hope that nasty fever stays away!!